Elisabeth A. Evert, Esq.
Founding partner Lisa Evert brings nearly 30 years of experience to her leadership of Hitchcock Evert LLP. Under her leadership, the firm has consistently earned Tier 1 rankings in US News & World Report's list of Best Law Firms in Dallas/Fort Worth for copyright, trademark and patent law and intellectual property litigation.
Lisa represents clients that are based in the United States and throughout the world on a wide spectrum of intellectual property issues, including selection, clearance, prosecution, enforcement and licensing matters, as well as trade dress, copyright, domain name and IP valuation and transactional matters. A registered patent attorney, she has worked with clients in such diverse industries as petrochemicals, consumer electronics and medical devices on patent matters.
Lisa’s depth and breadth of experience in intellectual property practice allows her to develop comprehensive strategic plans to protect IP assets with a view to the long-term business goals of the client. She counsels clients in many consumer and commercial product and services areas – most actively in the electronics, apparel, financial and investment, recreational, food and beverage, entertainment, and consumer product industries. Regardless of the size and industry of their business, all clients rely on Lisa’s ability to integrate intellectual property solutions with practical growth strategies.
Lisa was selected as the inaugural President of The Honorable Barbara M.G. Lynn American Inn of Court, which focuses on the intellectual property legal community. She is also an active member of the Dallas Bar Association and previously served as Chair of the Intellectual Property Section. She is a frequent lecturer and has spoken on a variety of intellectual property topics for clients, seminars and Continuing Legal Education courses. In 2012, she helped develop a curriculum for and teach an advanced seminar in Patent Litigation at SMU Dedman School of Law.
- Securing a permanent injunction and award of attorney's fees on behalf of a sports bar chain against trademark and trade dress infringement
- Obtaining a settlement and an agreed permanent injunction on behalf of a leading provider of automotive information against defendants submitting fraudulent user reviews and ratings
- Negotiating favorable settlements on behalf of a major restaurant chain in several patent claims initiated by non-practicing entities, including patent portfolios related to mobile communications, e-commerce, store locators, computer networking, and gift card processing
- Obtaining transfer of several domain names on behalf of a leading provider of automotive information through ICANN's Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy at the World Intellectual Property Organization
- Obtaining a favorable settlement of patent claims relating to parking systems against a major international airport
- Representing a national pizza delivery chain in a false advertising and unfair competition lawsuit
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Named one of the Top 50 Women Lawyers in Texas by Texas Monthly and Law & Politics magazines, 2015
- Selected as a 2012 Top-Notch Lawyer by Texas Lawyer, 2012
- Selected as Dallas/Fort Worth Best Lawyers Copyright Law Lawyer of the Year, 2014-16
- Selected as Dallas/Fort Worth Best Lawyers Trademark Law Lawyer of the Year, 2012
- Selected as a “Texas Super Lawyer” by Texas Monthly and Law & Politics magazines, 2005-2017
- Selected as one of The Best Lawyers in America, 2007-09, 2012-16
- Selected as one of Texas' Best Lawyers, 2008-17
- Selected as one of the "Best Lawyers in Dallas" by D Magazine, 2006-16
- Recognized by Who's Who Legal - International Who's Who of Business Lawyers, 2011-13
- Recognized by Who's Who Legal - International Who's Who of Patent Laywers, 2010, 2012
- Featured in the Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers, 2011, 2013-14
- Featured in the World Trademark Review WTR 1000 – The World's Leading Trademark Professionals, 2013
- Featured in the Lawyers Guide to Intellectual Property, 2010-11
- The Honorable Barbara M.G. Lynn American Inn of Court
- President, 2011-12
- Master, 2011 – present
- Director, Intellectual Property Section of the Dallas Bar Association
- Chair, 2005
- Officer/Director, 1998-2012
- The Center for American and International Law
- Intellectual Property Conference Chair, 2007-09
- Co-Chair, Institute for Law & Technology, 2010-13
- State of Texas, 1987
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 1990
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Texas
- Juris Doctorate – Southern Methodist University, 1987
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, cum laude – Southern Methodist University, 1984